WHAT IS RESNET?
The Residential Energy Services Network or RESNET is a not-for-profit, membership corporation that is governed by a board of directors (who are elected by membership).
In April 1995, the National Association of State Energy Officials and Energy Rated Homes of America founded the Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET) to develop a national market for home energy rating systems and energy efficient mortgages.
RESNET is a recognized national standards-making body for building energy efficiency rating and certification systems in the United States involving:
- A consensus based standard development and amendment process
- Transparent review and adoption process
- Formal public review and comment process
RESNET QUALITY ASSURANCE PROCESS
- Every Rating Quality Assurance Provider must contract with a certified Quality Assurance Designee (QAD)
- This Quality Assurance Designee independently verifies the internal consistency of a minimum of 10% of all building input files.
- Quality Assurance Designee must also independently field verify the accuracy of a minimum 1% of each certified Raters' homes.
- RESNET will then monitor the Rating Quality Assurance Providers compliance with RESNET Quality Assurance standards.
- RESNET has a Dispute Resolution Policy for complaints. If you feel as the client, builder or Rater that the Provider or Rater has not performed ethically or professionally. Contact RESNET at www.resnet.us
Why choose Building Performance Solutions, LLC as your RESNET Quality Assurance Provider?
- Quick turn around of Rating Processing (our standard turn around time is 24 hours) many times same day.
- Help Desk! We have experts standing by to help you with your questions
- Field reviews: We combine trips to review multiple Raters in order to reduce your annual cost
- Mentoring: With each field review John will spend the extra time with you to help you keep up with all the many changes in our industry
- Training: BPS is an accredited training provider and we customize the training to meet your needs
- Code compliance training- we keep the ICC code books on hand so when you need support we are here to help
- RESNET Sampling Provider